- Police Officer
- Chief of Police
- $45,800-52,000 (Dependent on Certifications)
- Hours of Work
- Minimum Qualifications
Applicant must be currently TCOLE Certified and in good standing with TCOLE. Applicant must pass a physical medical exam as well as psychological exam.
The Abernathy Police Department is looking for a community-minded person for the position of Police Officer. We are looking for an Officer that wants to be part of the Abernathy community. The applicant must be TCOLE Certified. The salary is dependent on Certifications. ($45,800 to $52,000). City pays employee medical insurance, 14 holidays per year, sick leave as you accumulate, vacation as you earn it, retirement through TMRS, uniforms furnished, weapons furnished, and take-home car.
Applicant will maintain the integrity, professionalism, values, and goals of the Department by assuring that all rules and regulations are followed, and that accountability and public trust are preserved.
Applicant’s routine duties include:
- Enforce State laws and local City Ordinances
- Traffic Enforcement;
- Conduct Criminal Investigations to include Crime Scenes;
- Arrests law violators;
- Transports and processes suspects, victims, and prisoners;
- Represents the City Police at court hearings;
- Prepares reports and testifies in court cases
- Investigates crimes and accidents;
- Secures and processes crime and accident scenes;
- Identifies, collects, and processes evidence within the scope of authority and training.
- Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls for service; communicates with victims, witnesses and suspects in cases; secures accident and crime scenes; and provides assistance and protection for Fire and Medical personnel.
- Performs self-initiated activities, patrols the City, looking for suspicious activities and persons;
- Identifies safety and traffic hazards
- Responds to citizens request for assistance
- Checks business locations and known problem areas
- Prevents and detects criminal activities
- Completes detailed reports, specialized forms, affidavits, citations, and necessary paperwork.
- Complete any other task assigned by applicant’s supervisor.