The City of Abernathy is committed to transparency in our operations by providing easy online access to important financial data and visual tools and analysis. This effort achieves the goals set by the Comptroller’s office Transparency Stars program.
City of Abernathy Awards for Financial Transparency
- 2010 Gold Award
- 2011 Gold Award
- 2012 Gold Award
- 2013 Gold Award
- 2014 Platinum Award*
- 2015 Platinum Award
- 2016 Traditional Finances Star*
- 2017 Traditional Finances Star
- 2017 Debt Obligations Star
- 2018 Traditional Finances Star
- 2018 Debt Obligations Star
- 2019 Traditional Finances Star
- 2019 Debt Obligation Stars
* In 2014, the Comptroller added a higher “Platinum Award” level and the City was recognized as such with the new designation. In 2016, the Comptroller changed the program to the Texas Transparency Stars.
For more information, please visit:
- Texas Transparency Stars
- Comptroller of Public Accounts, Debt at a Glance Tool
- Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
Financial Transparency Information
The City of Abernathy makes this information available to you, the public, in an effort to report exactly how your money is being properly managed. For questions, please contact us.
Looking for elected official contact information?
For the contact information of local elected officials, please visit the City Council page.
Open Records Requests
To find more information on how to make an open records request, please visit this page.