- This event has passed.
City Council Meeting
January 9 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Call to Order
- Roll Call of Council Members
- Welcome Guests
- Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag
- Texas Pledge – “Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible.”
- Public Comment (non-action)
This is an opportunity for visitors and guests to address the City Council on any issue at this time.
- Approval of Minutes of the Previous Meetings
- Approval of Monthly Financial Reports
- Old Business
- Discussion/Action Items
- Executive Session – Convene into executive session in accordance with Texas Government Code §551.074 Personnel Matters and Texas Government Code §2261.203 Comparable Costs
- Reconvene Open Session – Take action on items discussed in executive session.
- Discussion about the City’s Water Project – Rich Oller
- Review and Consider Approval of Overtime Policy Revision – Delano Smith
- Review and Consider Approval of Certificate of Deposit Rates for 2023 – Delano Smith
- Discussion about Speed Bump Installation on 5th Street – Delano Smith
- Discussion and Approval of Engineers for CDBG Project – Delano Smith
- Discussion about Proposed Plains Grain RV Park Project at 1421 Texas Ave – Plains Grain Representative
- Discussion and Consider Approval of Computer Transition Services, Inc Contract – Delano Smith
- New Business
- Informational Items
- Police Chief’s Report
- Public Works Report
- Water: Paul Gonzalez
- SOS: Ricky Patterson
- City Manager’s Report
- Strategic Plan for the City
- Council Report
- Mayor’s Report
Agenda & Minutes
Open Meetings Act
All meetings are conducted in accordance with the Open Meetings Act, Gov. Code 551. The City Council reserves the right to enter closed session at any time during the meeting as allowed by law.
Meetings are also conducted in accordance with the Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. of 1991). The facility where the meeting is held is wheelchair accessible and handicapped parking is available. Other handicapped services are available upon request if received at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.