- This event has passed.
Special Public Hearing Meeting
September 29, 2022 @ 6:30 pm
Public Comment: Individual citizens desiring to address the Council during the public comment session may do so about any item on the agenda. All citizens desiring to speak during this time must fill out a comment form and comments will be limited to three (3) minutes per person and not more than five (5) people on the same subject matter. This meeting will be recorded, and the recording will be available to the public in accordance with the Open Meetings Act upon written request.
- Call to Order
- Roll Call of Council Members
- Welcome Guests
- Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag
- Texas Pledge – “Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible.”
- Public Comment (non-action)
This is the opportunity for visitors and guests to address the City Council on any issue at this time. (Attorney General Opinion-JC-0169)
- Discussion/Action Items
- Discuss/Action Approval of Budget 2022-2023
- An Action to Ratify the Property Tax Increase Reflected in the FY 2022-2023 Budget
- Action on Ordinance of the City of Abernathy, Texas, Setting and Levying the Municipal Ad Valorem Tax Rate for the Year 2022
Agenda & Minutes
Open Meetings Act
All meetings are conducted in accordance with the Open Meetings Act, Gov. Code 551. The City Council reserves the right to enter closed session at any time during the meeting as allowed by law.
Meetings are also conducted in accordance with the Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. of 1991). The facility where the meeting is held is wheelchair accessible and handicapped parking is available. Other handicapped services are available upon request if received at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.